Saturday, April 04, 2009

The End of the Beginning




It's a beautiful Saturday here. And yet I'm almost in tears as I type this.

Knowing what Jesus went through that final week gets to me. It always has. And ever since I came to New Hope almost ten years ago, we have done a Good Friday service because I believe that unless a person knows what their freedom from sin cost, they will never fully appreciate grace. In most years we do a service where it gets progressively darker during the service and we leave in sorrow.

So this morning I began to put together the elements of that service. And it grabbed me again.

He did it for me. He died in my place. He took the wrath of God upon Himself - He who was sinless - for me.

Amazing.

Grace.


Holy week begins with Palm Sunday tomorrow. It was the end of the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment