Sunday, December 14, 2008

New Hope @ worship 121408

We continued our "Let It Be Christmas" series with "I Believe In Yesterday" this morning. I think after a couple of weeks of this series, our folks are beginning to get behind inviting their friends and neighbors. It was great to see all the visitors this morning.

This timr of year we try to mix the carols in with other music and today's set reflects that.

O Come O Come Emmanuel

It Came Upon A Midnight Clear

Away In A Manger (sung by Kira and Emily)

Your Grace Is Enough

Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)

Then Craig sang "Yesterday" right before the sermon.

We finished with "Just As I Am"

Seemed to work together well, and I thought the praise team did great.


The message was crafted to help people break the cycle of guilt, shame, and unforgiving spirits that sometimes surfaces this time of year. Christmas is one of those times we have a tendency to wax nostalgic, and yet not all those memories are good ones. Wish I could have recorded the message, but we were on our third string audio person and I didn't want to throw anything more at him.

But here's the powerpoint. And yes, that cute little boy on Santa's lap is yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment