Saturday, December 13, 2008

About that whole unexamined life deal...




"The unexamined life may not be worth living, but the life too closely examined may not be lived at all" -Mark Twain

The last few weeks have been full ones here.

Bunny and I have been journeying to Macon Georgia every two weeks to help care for and encourage her Mom. We have had a flurry of church members with needs - from hospital visits (in bunches), to surgeries (likewise), and a funeral for a member's dad. The Christmas season is packed anyway, but we're at 150%.

And all while those were going on, I have been trying to complete the Rockbridge Seminary "Capstone" program. The "Capstone" is the final course of my program, and sums up everything that you have learned in the Rockbridge experience. The course itself is called "Practicing the Focused Life."

I have written before about how I have enjoyed my time at Rockbridge and expressed my admiration for the way they go about equipping pastors and ministry leaders. Once I finish the "Capstone" I will write a lot more, but for now, the experience has solidified my bond with that bit of Mark Twain's work. The process has devolved into a flurry of paperwork that serves little purpose.

That's a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment