Saturday, August 06, 2011

You Matter More Than You Know

Picture ©CMM 2011

The pictures are beginning to roll in from the wedding today. Moments frozen in time of a young couple stepping out into life. I told them that every moment before today was going to be a part of what they gave to each other and it was up to them to create their own memories from that moment on. They'll have plenty of time to do just that.

I wanted to take a minute before I close the books on today and let you know something from my heart.

You matter more than you know.


All of you.

You who cut the grass and cleaned the church.
You who keep the flowers looking so pretty.
You who so willingly gave your decorations, your help, and your time.
You who set up the stage, cooked the food, cleaned the kitchen and set the church up for tomorrow.
You who took the pictures. And took the pictures. And took the pictures.
You who made our guests from Arkansas so welcome that one of them said "I wish I could be a part of a church like this one." (BTW she gave an offering to the work here at New Hope so I wish she'd stay :) )
You who treated Allan with such love today as he continues to struggle with the loss of his grandfather.

All of you made a difference today for Christ.

Such a special day.

Spent with such awesome people who I love so deeply because of who you are and what you do for our Lord.

You matter more than you will ever know this side of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment