Thursday, August 13, 2009

How Long?

For many years, the period every day when I stopped and read Scripture and listened and prayed was ordered by a method first popularized by Billy Graham. He supposedly has used this for many years for his own devotional time. It is very simple. Whatever day of the month it is, read that Psalm and Proverbs. You can vary it with the day x2 etc. for the variations to keep it from being rote, but it puts your mind and spirit under the authority of some great Scripture every day.

Today's Psalm 13 is one of those that I remember and echo at times in my prayers.

13 For the choir director: A psalm of David.

1 O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever?

How long will you look the other way?

2 How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul,

with sorrow in my heart every day?

How long will my enemy have the upper hand?

3 Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!

Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.

4 Don’t let my enemies gloat, saying, “We have defeated him!”

Don’t let them rejoice at my downfall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love.

I will rejoice because you have rescued me.

6 I will sing to the Lord

because he is good to me.


And here is U2. I love it when believers bring their faith to work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment