Saturday, September 06, 2008

She's All That


“Honor your father and mother.
Ex 20:12 (NLT)







We got back from Macon this afternoon. Bunny tried to sleep in the back of the Kia the first couple of hours, and right now as I type this, she's been in bed an hour. She's worn out. From the moment we arrived at the hospital Thursday, to the moment when she hit the wall this morning after two days without rest and very little to eat - she gave everything she had to her mother's care. She was "broken and poured out" for her mother.

You'd have to be there to see it. And her mother is very aware IMO of just how much her daughter loves her. The change in her attitude during the course of the first 24 hours we were there was remarkable.

I'm so proud of Bunny and so grateful that God put her in my life. The last two days have been the best illustration of servanthood I have ever seen.

And I love her so.

No comments:

Post a Comment