Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Like That!



1 Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. 2 Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that.    Gal 5:1-2 (MSG)
This crazy bifurcated life I have now puts me in contact with kids 5 days a week. Hundreds of them. I get to see a lot of different ways children relate to them, and for the 15 I see up close and personal, sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's heartbreaking.

Two children may be at odds all of one day and be best friends the next. There can be tears and laughter together in the same day. And once you meet the parents a lot of times the things you see in the children become a lot clearer. For good or not so good. That's what children do.

In my case, the closer I can get to Jesus, the more giving I am, the more forgiving I am, the more tolerant I am of others, the more I put myself second to loving as Jesus did. So many times the creeping selfishness that is human nature comes a calling.and I relate out of a "what's in it for me" heartset. So I stop and remember - I am a follower of Jesus and He is my leader and my Lord. I may not have a Bible handy, but if I pray, asking Him to give me the strength and courage to love extravagantly, I can too.

So read the Scripture above. Think about how much YOU ARE LOVED BY GOD.

Now go, love like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment