Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sunday Night Reflections

Great Sunday at New Hope!

- Lots of jazzed people who came in knowing they had made a difference for God this weekend.
- Visitors came in and immediately felt at home. Heard great things about how welcoming we were.
- Bethany did AWESOME on the solo that kicked off my new favorite song "I Will Rise"
- Praise team didn't mess up! Just kidding guys.
- Pastor believed in the message and I think brought it.
- The after-glow with people hanging around was incredible. People were swarming over the community garden plot, hanging with the visitors, talking in the parking lot. Signs of a healthy church.
- Heard that one of our classes voted to sponsor a child in Africa. Way to go guys!

First, the video I didn't show this morning because of time constraints that shows pretty graphically how fast change is occurring across the world. It might give you a little bit of perspective and offer some understanding of just why we are looking for new ways to tell the Bog Story of how God's plan is unfolding.





The message relied heavily on James Choung's concept of presenting the gospel in a fresh way. Got some great feedback after so I hope it resonates some more during the week. Great resources are out there, and I'm going to use whatever I can to help all of New Hope be as effective as we can be.



If you'd like to know more about the method used in the message this morning, much more information is available at James Choung's website - Tell It Slant including an explanation of the method in booklet form.

You may have the opportunity this week to take a napkin and a pen and show a friend just how God's Big Story can help them live lives with purpose in harmony with God.

How cool is that!

I LOVE THIS JOB!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW - that "Did you know" video did get me thinking!...

    Feel free to stop over to see where that led :)

    I enjoy your blog! & Your wife's too :)

    ReplyDelete