Sunday, June 22, 2008

New Hope @ Worship 22 June 2008

We were in a mood to celebrate today, with a longtime member returning from Kansas and her daughter's shower occurring after the service. Then too our "away" team was back form their mission trip to Kentucky - great opportunity to praise God.

Began worship with "O Worship the King" the Christ Tomlin arrangement
Then another with "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)"

It's so wonderful to have updated version of the old hymns that really honor and add to them.

Then "Your Name" from Hillsong

And "Still" a newer song for us.

"My Jesus I Love Thee" was the hymn of commitment.

I played this commercial right before the sermon.



My goal with this sermon was to help people find their identity in Christ, not what the world has told them. I think it worked pretty well. No audio recording though as something went wrong with the equipment, so I won't be able to review it tomorrow. That's a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment