Sunday, March 25, 2007

Why Fight?

Our church has found a great Web 2.0 social networking tool called MyChurch. Check it out.

We're using it a lot these days to keep people informed, distribute resources, build fellowship, and offer another front porch for people to sit on while they meet us.

Personally, I've really enjoyed getting to know some people who I probably never would have met. For example, one of the friends my wife and I have on MyChurch is a man in India. That's really neat.

I can see the potential of using sites like these to link and strengthen links with Kingdom partners across the globe.

But exposure to a wider number of Christians also means exposure to the people who hold weird theology, and want everyone to know how they are in error. Just a few minutes ago I read a series of posts by a King James only advocate, then what appeared to be a person denying the Trinity, and finally a person giving a "prophetic word".

There's a part of David Wilson who really wants to set those people straight. A BIG part of David Wilson.

The KJV only guy, God bless Him, is stunningly wrong in almost everything he copies and pastes. The Oneness advocate can't spell. And for a prophecy supposedly from God, well...

But why fight?

Refuse to get involved in inane discussions; they always end up in fights. 2 Tim 2:23

Stay away from mindless, pointless quarreling over genealogies and fine print in the law code. That gets you nowhere. Titus 3:9

It's just not worth it. I've labored for years under the false opinion that through the force of logic I would educate people out of darkness. No, what I did was raise my blood pressure and waste a lot of time.

Someone once told me, "You know, you don't have to attend every argument you are invited to."

So repeat after me... "The Lord's servant must not quarrel..."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:50 PM

    Great post Pastor David. If you have some ideas on how to lessen the impact of false prophets or those looking to pick a fight, I'd love to hear them.

    The last thing we want to do is give a soapbox to those who have an ax to grind or weird propaganda to spread...

    Disabling someone from starring his own blog helps ;)

    ReplyDelete