Sunday, January 21, 2007

Can I Swim When It's Over?

"Can I Swim When It's Over?" was what one of the boys to be baptized today asked me right before we got in. "Ask your mother," was my reply. For the record, the answer was no.

That might have been the only down moment today. We debuted "How Can I Keep From Singing" by Chris Tomlin as a prelude to corporate worship. What an awesome song! Then we had a great time together in singing praises to our God.

When the time for the message rolled around, I couldn't wait. We had plenty of visitors with us and my goal was to bring the message from the text and see the Holy Spirit apply it to their lives. What a great text it was. Philippians 2:5-11

We had a young girl publicly profess her faith in Jesus during the invitation time, we welcomed that great gift, then I scooted over to change for the baptism. And yes, I got wet. I always do.

I really didn't want to get out of the water either.

No comments:

Post a Comment