Monday, March 22, 2004

He Had Help (You Do Too!)



I was talking with someone this weekend about the movie, the Passion of the Christ. He remarked, "I don't know how anyone could survive the beating we saw, let alone carry a cross that far. It just doesn't seem humanly possible."



As I've thought about that, I have noticed a couple of things.



The first was a story about a mother lifting a car off her son last week after an accident left him pinned underneath it. Filed last week by the Associated Press from California, that wasn't the first I had heard of such a superhuman feat.



The second was this:



7 Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be dismayed. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will triumph.

Isaiah 50:7 (NLT)






Jesus never lost sight of what really mattered. Just like that Mom, who lifted the car off her little one, Jesus lifted our sins off of us. He did it because of His love for us.



How did he endure the pain and suffering?



The same way we can - with God's help.



Friend, it might be real hard where you live right now. Describing what you're in as "being in a bind" might be the height of understatement - more like a vise.



But you are not alone. The same God who gave Jesus the strength to endure the pain of the cross stands ready to help you right now. In fact, Jesus Himself has asked you to throw your cares upon Him.



Will you do it? Will you accept God's help?



Grace!



David Wilson



This devotional is written by David Wilson, pastor of New Hope Baptist church in Valparaiso, FL. If you find you have received this via a forward and would like to receive it regularly, or find you no longer wish to receive it, drop me an email at dwilsonfl@earthlink.net and I'll make the change to the list. If you'd like to know more about New Hope, visit our website at www.newhopevalp.org . May God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment