Friday, May 27, 2011

The Mosaic That Is New Hope

mosaic.jpg (418×275)
Workers Clean A Mosaic Marking the Oldest Church in Israel
Mosaic has several acceptable definitions, but I like this one:

"A combination of diverse elements forming a more or less coherent whole."

And I'm conflicted about whether I like the "combination of diverse elements" part better than the "more or less coherent whole" phrase. I guess since "more or less" makes me smile, I'll go with that.

There are people whose edges are sharp here at New Hope. Some who don't seem to fit anywhere. Others whose edges have been worn smooth by life's cares. Others who seem okay. But you know what?

We're all broken.

All in need of mending.

And the grace of God is our glue.

I can't think of a single person who isn't in need of grace or who New Hope would turn away. Jesus accepted us into His family, so we're going to love as He first loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment