Monday, December 25, 2006

It's Christmas

Yesterday was Christmas Eve and we had two services. The Spirit was there and the people were warm. We got to see a few people we hadn't seen in quite a while, and we got to meet some others for the first time. Though we had some of our worship team out, we had a great time of congregation songs - not one "special", and that's how I'd have it be. We come to worship together, not to watch others do it.

Last night we had our candlelight carols and communion service and after some rushing around because the candles were breaking the glass cups they were in, we had what Bunny would call a "lovely service."

We're always trying some different things to see if they will help people worship. Yesterday we did responsive readings in both services. That's so not the modern thing to do. Funny thing is people came up to me and told me they liked it.

The highlights for me yesterday were - having our friend Hector step up and do media when he had never done it before, and having our chairman of deacons read the Christmas passage from Luke last night in worship.

The lowlights were not being with my family in Macon. I don't know if it was because of the loss of my father this year, or wanting to be with our oldest son, but even though I had a great time last night and was in the company of people I care for, it still was sad not being there.

When the Jebusite wanted to give David the land to build the temple on, David said "I will not give God that which costs me nothing."

Bunny, Sean and I gave God and His people last night's service.

No comments:

Post a Comment